Steelers News: Antonio Brown apologizes after threatening reporter on
Twitter The Pittsburgh Steelers are slowly turning their attention away from the embarrassing tie with the Cleveland Browns and starting to focus on the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 2. Something I did last season and I’m going to start again is the Black-and-Gold Links article. This is an article where I take stories from quality news sources across the Internet Cheap Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , and add them here for your viewing pleasure. I won’t be posting the entire articles, but I’ll link each story and author so that you can read the full article. Today, we focus on the news of Antonio Brown threatening an ESPN journalist on his verified Twitter account, but not only that. Mike Tomlin shrugged it off at his weekly press conference, but the organization ended up making a statement to try to slow the press, and control the media’s image of Antonio Brown.Let’s get to the news:Joe Starkey: Antonio Brown, Steelers better late than never in answering for threatening tweetBy: Joe Starkey, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe forecast called for rain here, too Cheap Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , but Tomlin had nothing substantial to say. Washington had profiled Brown for “The Undefeated” in a story published Friday, and Brown clearly was not pleased with some of the personal details divulged. Washington — operating as any good feature writer would — contacted people close to Brown, or who used to be close to him, to gain insight.After the story appeared Friday, Brown sent Washington a public tweet that read, “wait to I see u bro, we gone see what your jaw like.” Washington retweeted it.All of that in mind, I went to Steelers practice Wednesday with a question: Was Tomlin’s quote going to be the team’s official response to Brown’s threat?To my surprise, it wasn’t. A few hours later Youth Bud Dupree Jersey , team president Art Rooney II and Brown issued statements to the Post-Gazette.Rooney’s went like this: “It is never OK for any employee of the Steelers organization – player, coach or front office staff – to threaten a member of the media or anyone else for that matter. I appreciate that Antonio is apologizing for his inappropriate comments.”Indeed, Brown was apologizing, via this statement: “I made a mistake in judgment with my tweet last week, and I apologize for that. It is not OK to threaten anyone and I need to be better spiritually and professionally. Though I do not agree with the negative parts of the story about my personal life, I need to have better control over my actions to use social media as a way to engage with my fans, rather than use it improperly.”The Steelers are still searching for that No. 3 receiverBy: Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteRookie receiver James Washington made his NFL debut against the Browns. He was barely noticeable and did not catch a pass. That gave Washington something in common with JuJu Smith-Schuster, last year’s second-round pick who also was shut out in his NFL debut but by season’s end led all rookie receivers in yardage.The Steelers are hoping for a similar uptick in production from Washington Cheap Antonio Brown Jersey , whom they drafted in the second round with hopes that he’d develop into a viable No. 3 receiver behind Smith-Schuster and All-Pro Antonio Brown.Smith-Schuster started his rookie season on the fringe of the offense, with Brown and Martavis Bryant getting most of the targets. But by midseason, Smith-Schuster had passed Bryant on the depth chart and was well on his way to a stellar season with 58 receptions, 917 yards and seven touchdowns.The Steelers don’t need Washington to become a starter, but they do need him to become that productive third receiving threat that made this offense so dangerous in previous seasons.Kevin Gorman: Steelers’ Chris Boswell gives missed FG the bootBy: Kevin Gorman: Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewChris Boswell couldn’t shake the thought of missing the winning field goal that would have saved the Pittsburgh Steelers from their 21-21 overtime tie in Sunday’s opener at the Cleveland Browns.So he kicked it out.Boswell lined up the field goal in the dark Monday at UPMC Rooney Center indoor complex, placing a tee at the right hash mark and repeatedly kicking a 42-yard field goal through the uprights.Same spot. Same distance. Different result.“I wanted to get that taste out of my mouth,” Boswell told the Tribune-Review on Wednesday afternoon. “I want to kick it. I want to see myself kick it over and over and over again. It’s like some basketball players do if they miss a shot or they have a bad game: They go straight to the gym and work on it. I’ve done it a little bit in the past. It’s obviously not something I want to get into the habit of doing.”That’s why jaws dropped when Boswell missed with 1 minute, 48 seconds remaining in overtime. The Steelers kicker was money with the game on the line last season, converting four winners and becoming the first kicker since Ryan Longwell in 2004 to kick three game-winning field goals in three consecutive games as time expired.Steelers Podcast: Week 3 a must-win game for Steelers? The Pittsburgh Steelers are finally playing games that actually count! With a surge of Steelers news Authentic Artie Burns Jersey , it was time to get back on the airwaves and discuss the Black-and-gold.Take a look at the rundown for the latest episode of the BTSC flagship podcast The Standard is the Standard. On this show Jeff Hartman and Lance Williams break down all things Steelers, including a fun game of “True or False!”Check out the rundown of the show:News and NotesRecapping the Chiefs debacleWeek 3 True or False!Breaking down the Steelers vs. Buccaneers Week 3 prime time gameWeek 3 game predictionsand MUCH MORE!Jeff Hartman, editor of BTSC, and Lance Williams walk you through everything you need to know regarding the Black-and-gold.If you haven’t heard, we have a YouTube channel, and the main reason for this is to increase the sound quality on our shows. But if you’re a visual learner you can watch the show below. Be sure to subscribe to our channel!... Custom Minnesota Vikings Jerseys

Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości