Generals to a 7-1 rout of the Ottawa 67s in Mondays
LOS ANGELES -- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says if the Los Angeles Clippers sell for US$2 billion, he has franchises worth more. Air Max 90 Offerta . The estranged wife of embattled Clippers owner Donald Sterling has said she has agreed to sell the NBA franchise to former Microsoft Corp. chief executive Steve Ballmer for that amount. Bettman said sports franchises are becoming increasingly valuable because of their prominence as media content. Speaking before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final, the NHL commissioner said the Clippers sale may be a unique case due to the Los Angeles market, the number of people in the L.A. area who wanted to buy the team and Ballmer himself. "It went for $2 billion, whether that means all franchises, either in the NBA or in any sport are proportionally impacted, Im not so sure to the dollar," said Bettman. "But if the Clippers are worth $2 billion, we have plenty of franchises that are worth at least that, if not more." On other matters, Bettman said the speed and timing of the game presented obstacles to expanding instant replay. The league would move slowly on the issue "and if we did do more things, youll see incremental -- youll see a handful of things that are very discreet. And well have to test it. "But as you see in other sports its not so easy to implement it. And Im very comfortable with what we have. And Ive got to be as least as comfortable with anything new we try to undertake." Bettman gave a thumbs-up to the leagues divisional realignment and revamped playoff format, saying "by almost any measure this may have been the successful season on and off the ice in league history." He said concussions were down this season "moderate, low double-digits" as a percentage, with man-games lost down by about half. He said the concussion protocols were working and the league and players association were serious about them. "Theyre being enforced and we are doing what is necessary to enforce the concussion protocols. And if we think theres been a violation, we follow up. If in an appropriate case there needs to be discipline imposed, we will do it." He declined to provide specifics, however. But he did say that players have to be open about symptoms so they can be addressed. "Obviously its difficult for us to get into a players head, no pun intended, with this concussion discussion." Air Max 90 Italia . After Andrew Romine served up two monster home runs in the inning, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he thought Romine was one of the bright spots on the night, showing just how bad the series opener against the last-place Minnesota Twins went for the Tigers. Air Max 90 Scontate . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.airmax90scontate.it/ . - Josh Sterk scored twice to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 7-1 rout of the Ottawa 67s in Mondays Ontario Hockey League action.OAKLAND – Edwin Encarnacion suffered a right leg injury in the first inning of the Blue Jays Saturday night game against the Athletics. The clubs preliminary diagnosis is “right quadriceps soreness.” Encarnacion will undergo an MRI on Sunday. Encarnacion was at the plate with one out and Jose Reyes on third base and Melky Cabrera on first. He beat out a groundball by a step but pulled up lame. He required the assistance of trainers George Poulis and Mike Frostad to leave the field. "I felt some pop before I touched the base. Thats why after I touched the base I let my body go to the ground because I felt a lot of pain," Encarnacion said. Reyes scored on the play. Adam Lind pinch ran for Encarnacioon and replaced him at first base. Scarpe Air Max 90 Outlet. Losing Encarnacion for a prolonged period of time would be damaging to the Blue Jays playoff hopes. He is baseballs leader with 69 RBI. Encarnacions 26 home runs place him in a second-place tie with Baltimores Nelson Cruz, one behind Jose Abreu of the White Sox. "Id be very surprised if it wasnt a DL, for a couple of weeks at least. I dont know that for sure yet," manager John Gibbons said. "Of course, in this moment I dont want to go to the DL. I want to be playing, helping my team to win games," Encarnacion added. "Thats what we need right now, we dont need me to go to the DL, its going to be very frustrating for me. Well see what happens." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości