ne said. With Afflalo back in the lineup, the Magic had a
MELBOURNE, Australia - The injuries mounted at the Australian Open on Tuesday, although for the most part, players coped with the oppressive heat. Paul Richardson Redskins Jersey . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Despite temperatures reaching 42 Celsius (108 Fahrenheit) during the afternoon and a hot breeze gusting over Melbourne Park for most of the day, none of the withdrawals were apparently linked to the temperatures. Isner retired from his match against Slovakias Martin Klizan with a lingering ankle injury that he said got progressively worse at the Hopman Cup event in Perth and a tournament he won in Auckland, New Zealand, over the past two weeks. "I know movement is not the best part of my game," the 2.08-meter (6-foot-10) American said, "but at a certain point Ive got to be able to move without pain and I wasnt able to do that today." He withdrew before last years Australian Open with an injury, as well. "I thought I had a good shot at playing this match and winning this match and I pulled out," he said. "I could have done the same last year, but I went home." The other seeded player in his section of the draw, Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany, withdrew before his scheduled first-round match against Slovenian Aljaz Bedene with a left hamstring injury. He was replaced in the draw by Frenchman Stephane Robert, a lucky loser from qualifying, who defeated Bedene to reach the second round. Hometown favourite Bernard Tomic later retired with a left leg injury after losing the first set against top-seeded Rafael Nadal 6-4, much to the astonishment of the Rod Laver Arena crowd, who initially booed him. "It was very difficult for me to say sorry to the crowd," he said. "I dont think they quite knew what was wrong with me." Tomic suffered the injury in training on Monday. Czech veteran Radek Stepanek also retired from his match against Slovenian Blaz Kavcic with a neck injury while leading 7-6 (3), 6-4, 1-6, 0-2 after nearly three hours of play. A few other players struggled in the heat on Tuesday, but finished their matches. Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic said he blacked out during his 7-6 (12), 6-3, 6-4 loss to No. 27-seeded Benoit Paire of France. Dancevic, who required medical attention during the second set, questioned the wisdom of not suspending matches during the torridly hot conditions. "I dont think its fair to anybody, to the players, to the fans, to the sport when you see players pulling out of matches and passing out," he said. "I think its definitely hazardous to be out there. Its dangerous." Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday. Paul Richardson Jersey . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redsk...en-Jersey/ . Now the Minnesota Vikings have set their sights on soccer. ORLANDO, Fla. -- Sacramento Kings coach Michael Malone didnt hold his tongue about his teams shortcomings on the defensive end following its lopsided loss to Miami. They responded a night later by supplying him with plenty of offence. Rudy Gay and Isaiah Thomas each scored 23 points, and the Kings held off the Orlando Magic 105-100 Saturday night. The Kings connected on a season-high 12 3-pointers in the victory, helping to end a three-game losing streak. It was their lone victory of a four-game road trip. Marcus Thornton added 15 and DeMarcus Cousins chipped in 14 points and 11 rebounds. "It was a disappointing road trip, but instead of hanging our heads and feeling sorry for ourselves we battled back," Malone said. The Kings have yet to find a rhythm since acquiring Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray in a trade with Toronto two weeks ago. But Gay said hell take progress any way it comes. "You want to win every one, but we got this one, and this will make our road trip a little easier on the road back," he said. "But weve still got a long way to go." Arron Afflalo led Orlando with 26 points in his return to the lineup after sitting out for the first time this season with an illness Wednesday. Tobias Harris finished with 21 points. The Magic fell to 0-13 when opponents have scored 100 or more points. They have lost four of their last five, and four straight at home. The Magic clung to a two-point lead entering the final quarter, but were outscored 18-4 in the first five minutes as the Kings took a 93-81 lead. Sacramento maintained its cushion until a 3-pointer and layup by Harris got the Magic within 98-93 with 3:25 to play. After getting a stop on the other end, Afflalo got free on a fast break but his layup attempt rolled off the rim. Cousins then got a layup, and was fouled. He missed his free throw, but was fouled again. He then made 1 of 2 free throws to make it 101-93. The Magic kept scrapping, and got down to 101-97 with under a minute to play. They had the ball with 55.4 seconds, but turned it over on the inbounds play when Afflalo slipped near the sideline and Viictor Oladipos pass sailed over his head and out of bounds. Geron Christian Jersey. "The margin of error is pretty small," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. "Those plays throughout the course of a game, they add up. And I think thats the lesson for us. As you continue to grow, those possessions matter." Malone went as far as questioning his teams commitment after giving up 70 points in the paint to the Heat. But he also acknowledged before Saturdays game that it would take more practice time before their recent trade acquisitions to get comfortable. The trio have been active for six games since the trade, but gotten in only one full practice with their new teammates in that span. Gay, who has started all six of his games with Sacramento, was sluggish early against the Magic and missed his first five shots before finally getting on the board late in the second quarter. His teammates backed him up, though, shooting 49 per cent for the game. "We had a lousy first quarter. They shot 61 per cent, then after that we defended at a much higher level, and this time we were able to close out and get the win," Malone said. With Afflalo back in the lineup, the Magic had a much better flow from the outset offensively. They shot a season-low 32 per cent in their loss to Utah, but recovered to shoot 47 per cent against the Kings. It wasnt enough, thanks to errors down the stretch. Despite being mired in a stretch that has seen the Magic drop 10 of their last 12, Afflalo said hes not concerned about their recent woes consuming them. "We wont have it where its like out of hand and were not competitive anymore," he said. "So I dont really care too much about, you know, the East being weak or whatever. ... The reality is were four or five games from being in a comfortable spot in the playoffs. Thats what this season calls for. Thats how Im going to approach it." NOTES: The Kings won their first road game since Dec. 7. ... Oladipo had a streak of 16 consecutive starts end Saturday night. ... Cousins received a technical foul with 5:08 left in the fourth quarter for arguing with referee Ken Mauer. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości