in retirement on the baseball field. "To be the leade
PORTLAND, Ore. Cheap Air Max 270 Wholesale . - Nicolas Batum had a simple question for his Portland teammates: "Why not us?" No other team has come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a playoff series. But the Trail Blazers took the first step Monday night by beating the San Antonio Spurs 103-92 to stave off elimination and narrow the Western Conference semifinal series to 3-1. "Why not us? No, its never been done before," Batum said. "We know its going to be tough. It wont be easy, especially against this team. The French forward had 14 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists and pestered fellow countryman Tony Parker all night. Damian Lillard had 25 points to lead the Blazers, who won their first second-round playoff game since a victory over Utah in the 2000 conference semifinals. "We had nothing to lose tonight. We had no pressure. It was do or die," Batum said. "So we just go out there and play." Portland held Parker to 14 points after he had scored 29 points or more in three of his last four playoff games. Coach Gregg Popovich sat Parker and Tim Duncan after Portland built a 20-point lead in the final quarter. The Spurs are looking to advance to the conference finals for the third straight season. Game 5 is Wednesday night in San Antonio. "The energy was weird tonight," Parker said. "You have to give a lot of credit to Portland. They played great. They came out of the gates and I thought Batum was great tonight. He gave them a big boost." The Blazers were the last team to take a series to seven games after dropping the first three. Portland rebounded in the first round against Dallas in 2003, but ultimately lost the deciding game in the first-round series. The Blazers have been hurt by the loss of backup point guard Mo Williams to a groin injury for the past two games. Williams provided both energy and points off the bench all season in relief of Lillard. Portland got just six points off the bench in Game 3, but Will Barton provided a spark with 17 points on Monday night. Barton became the first Blazer with 17 points and six rebounds off the bench in a playoff game since Brian Grant in 2000 against Utah. "Any time you get a boost off the bench its always good for a momentum swing," San Antonios Danny Green said. "When he comes in and gets the crowd into it, they pretty much get it going, and it helped them a lot. " Coach Terry Stotts promised that the Blazers would play with pride in Game 4 and they did from the start. Lillards pull up jumper gave Portland a 14-8 lead. He extended it to 20-14 with a layup. But the Spurs answered with a 9-2 run and took a 24-23 lead on Patty Mills 3-pointer. Portland, which had only led twice in the previous three games, quickly reclaimed the lead and held on until Tiago Splitter tied it at 46 with a free throw. The Blazers had a 50-48 lead at the half. "I though with the way Nico (Batum) played, the game came a lot easier," Lillard said. "He was attacking, making plays. He was pushing the ball." Lillard opened the second half with a 3-pointer. Batum hit a 3 and added a free throw to push the lead to 69-61. Batum added another 3 before Thomas Robinsons dunk and Lillards 3 made it 77-63 to cap a 12-2 Portland run. Lillards layup put Portland ahead 90-72 in the fourth quarter. He added another to make it 94-74. "If they lost today it was a sweep, but theyve got pride and they played good," Manu Ginobili said. "They played the game more desperately than we did. We didnt bring the same emotions the first three games. The bottom line is they played better than us in every aspect of the game. Parker scored 29 points in San Antonios 118-103 Game 3 victory on Saturday night. The Spurs had routed the Blazers 116-92 in the series opener after their grueling seven-game series against the Mavericks, then built a 20-point lead and won Game 2, 114-97. NOTES: Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll watched the game sitting next to Paul Allen, the Microsoft co-founder who owns both the Super Bowl-winning Seahawks and the Blazers. ... It was Batums first double-double in the playoffs. ... It was Portlands first playoff victory against the Spurs since May 1, 1993, in the first round. Air Max 270 Clearance Canada . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Air Max 270 Canada Online . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.cheapairmax270canada.com/ . Picard had a goal and two assists to help Canada improve to 2-0 at the tournament. Seven different players scored for the two-time defending champions. "Today all four lines played excellent," said head coach Laura Schuler. DENVER -- Todd Helton received a horse, hit a homer and got a hug from his two daughters as they ran out onto the field in the ninth inning. Yep, this was definitely more than the Colorado Rockies first baseman couldve asked for in his final game at Coors Field. About the only thing that didnt go Heltons way was the score as the Boston Red Sox routed the Rockies 15-5 on Wednesday night. This was certainly his evening as he homered in his first at-bat after stirring pregame tribute to him, doubled later in the game and drove in three runs. "I hoped I would go out and play well," said Helton, whos retiring after 17 years with the Rockies. "But there was so much going on before the game. My expectations werent that high. ... To be able to go out and play and be productive, that means a lot to me." For a night, he was vintage Helton again, the one with power (solo shot to right), the ability to go the opposite way (a double off the wall in left) and knack for taking what the pitchers gives him (lifting a fly to left to bring home a run). "Sometimes games pretty much sum up careers," Helton said. He chuckled. "Early in my career, that wouldve been a homer to left, instead of a double," the 40-year-old Helton said. "I hit that ball pretty good. But it was a lot of fun. It really was." The highlight was when his daughters, Tierney and Gentry Grace, ran out to kiss and hug him at first base. That was a complete surprise. So was the horse, a going away present from the Rockies. "I might have to learn to ride a little bit better," said Helton, who has a ranch up the road from the ball park. Will Middlebrooks had quite a game, hitting two homers and driving in a career-high seven RBIs. He hit his third career grand slam and a three-run homer as the Red Sox moved two games ahead of Oakland for the best record in the league and home-field advantage throughout the post-season. David Ortiz hit a two-run double to reach 100 RBIs this season. Jacoby Ellsbury didnt take long to energize the Red Sox lineup as he returned after missing 16 games with a fractured right foot -- he singled, walked and scored twice before being replaced in the fourth. Jake Peavy (12-5) settled down after a shaky start to earn his first win since Aug. 31. He allowed five runs and gave up eight hits in six innings. The Rockies staged quite a pregame show to honour Helton, complete with highlights of his playing days on the video screen. Air Max 270 Cheap Online. The team also mowed his number (17) into the outfield grass, along with painting a purple and white "17" along both base lines. Heltons daughter, Tierney, threw out the first pitch as his wife, younger daughter and good friend Peyton Manning watched from the side. Once the game started, Helton began his own show, hitting a fastball from Peavy into the right-field seats in the second. "I think Peavy just did me a favour," Helton said. "Hes a good dude." Not that generous, though. After the game, Helton and his teammates made their way around the field to say farewell to the fans. Several of the Red Sox players lingered on the field, just so they could say so long to Helton. "I just wanted him to know how much I appreciated the way he went about things," Peavy said. "Me and Todd have had many, many matchups like we had tonight, and Im not going to miss him in retirement on the baseball field. "To be the leader he has been and was to these guys, just the class he always competed with, the respect he always showed and always voiced -- I wanted to show that I appreciated that." Throughout the game, former teammates and coaches appeared on the video board to talk about Helton, who holds virtually every offensive record in team history. Cleveland slugger Jason Giambi boasted about him, so did Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle, who was in charge of the Rockies when they went to the 2007 World Series and were swept by Boston. Even Manning weighed in on Heltons career. "Thanks for retiring and making me the oldest Denver athlete," said the Broncos star quarterback, who was teammates with Helton on the football team at the University of Tennessee. Helton received plenty of ovations over the course of the night. None as boisterous as when he hit the homer. After crossing home plate, Helton tipped his cap to the crowd before going into the dugout. The roar of the fans brought him back out for another bow. "Certain players have a flair for the dramatic and seemingly that was one tonight," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. NOTES: Red Sox C Jarrod Saltalamacchia had four hits and drove in three runs. ... The Rockies handed out 35,000 Helton bobblehead dolls. ... Rockies C Yorvit Torrealba left the game in the sixth with a bruised right thumb. ... Jhoulys Chacin (14-10) was chased early, surrendering seven runs and nine hits in four innings. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' ' 
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości